Call for logs
I would like to ask you for logs for Palm Treo 755p, Palm Centro (CDMA) and possibly other Palm smartphones with PalmOS and PXA processor (Treo 600 and older doesn't have it, I don't need Treo 650 GSM). If you're interested in spending some time for it, read further.
First, if you're interested, leave in comments some note, that you're working on that so I won't be flooded by your e-mails.
You will need Marex's GPIOtrace, which can be found here, SD/MMC card, some file manager and about hour of your life.
GPIOtrace is simple PalmOS application, which periodically reads status of GPIOs (General Purpose Input/Output pins), where are attached most of peripherials to processor. After first run it will register itself and starts to write to GPIO.txt located on your (last) card. After second run it will report error with registration (already registered), unregister itself and stop doing anything. This should be non destructive test, but you know... Rather backup ;)
I need these dumps of several actions to see which GPIOs are used for which peripherial, so that files should be as small as possible. Please, turn off the other non traced peripherials.
- remove GPIO.txt from your card - this is important or it will append new logs into same file and analysis would be much harder
- run GPIOtrace
- do the task
- run GPIOtrace again to switch it off
- rename GPIO.txt to something reasonable - I preffer to name it GPIO-device_name-what_is_tested-previous_status-action (e.g. GPIO-Centro_CDMA-camera-off-on-snapshot-off.txt)
- turn bluetooth on
- turn bluetooth off
- turn IR on
- turn IR off
- have IR off and beam file
- move silent switch from mute switch to unmute
- move silent switch from unmute switch to mute (it will vibrate)
- play some music on background and then move silent switch from mute switch to unmute
- turn off backlight if you can
- turn off keyboard backlight if you can
- turn on camera, take snapshot, turn off camera
- insert (micro)SD card
- insert (micro)SD card set to read only (if it is possible)
- eject (micro)SD card
- if your device has green LED which is on when fully charged, unplug when fully charged
- plug earphones or handsfree
- unplug earphones or handsfree
- plug USB cabel
- unplug USB cabel
- plug charge cabel
- unplug charge cabel
- press hotsync button
- turn on telephony part (GSM or CDMA) and let it attach to network
- turn on telephony part (GSM or CDMA) and don't let it attach to network (without SIM card)
- turn off telephony part (GSM or CDMA)
I know that this list is quite long, but it should be covering most of functionality. When you have these logs, send it please to my e-mail address sleep_walker@.
If you have any questions, ask in comments here or on #hackndev @ irc.freenode.net.
Good luck and thanks!